help

Is there anyone who knows which gene can be the inner control for RT-PCR?

Beta-Actin gene is a good control often used as internal control in RT-PCR experiments. I have Primers for it, if you want I can mail it to you.

we use fasn-1 and nhr-64 as controls. see this paper.

goodluck.

There are also a couple of previous Wormbase forum threads on this topic (1, 2) that might be helpful.

very appreciated for all the nice and useful reply

I am working on an Anthelmintic assay for which I am using C.elegans as a model organism. The positive control I am using is Mebendazole. Recently I tested the drug on 10 worms. After an incubation period of around 5 days, I found that 6 to 7 of them died. But around 4 to 5 of them died even in the Negative control and the plate without an intervention. I did not use any OP50 as the feed. The worms were suspended in M9 solution. It was a very rough experiment conducted just to see how the Anthelmintic activity really works. The concentration of Mebendazole I used was around 5 Micrograms per 1ml of DMSO. I am not very convinced with the experiment results. Shall I increase the concentration of Mebendazole i am using? I am not sure if the worms died because of the Mebendazole or because of starvation. Anyway, now i will be conducting the same experiment on nearly 500 worms. Here counting the dead and live worms is an issue. Is there any easier method to quantify the number of dead and living worms? apart from visual counting of courseā€¦ does anyone have any Information about this???