Post-doc, PhD positions, Antebi lab, Max-Planck-Institute for Biology of Ageing

The Max Planck Society has recently established the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing in Koeln, Germany, and I am starting a Department as a founding director of the new Institute. My laboratory studies the molecular genetics of ageing and developmental timing in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans, a model genetic organism that has pioneered these areas of biology. We have also started related research projects in mice and human cell culture. Scientists at PhD and Post-doctoral levels are currently being recruited for my laboratory. Specific areas of research include:

1. Endocrine regulation of longevity
  2. Developmental timing and control of stem cell fate
  3. Dietary restriction
  4. Small molecules, sensory transduction and ageing
  5. Mitochondrial biology and metabolism
  6. Neurodegenerative disease

The new Institute will be highly integrated and collaborative with the other Departments headed by Dr. Linda Partridge (biology of ageing) and Dr. Nils-Goran Larsson (mitochondrial biology). It will be centrally located on the campus of the University of Koeln and will be closely associated with the Uni-Koeln Center of Excellence Cluster on Aging, a newly established initiative headed by Dr. Jens Bruening (mouse insulin signaling). This will be an exciting opportunity to help forge what will become a leading institute for ageing research. Koeln is a dynamic and cultural city in the heart of Western Europe. Interested candidates should forward their CV, a cover letter outlining research interests, and 2-3 references to:

aantebi@bcm.edu

The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.