We are seeking a candidate to apply for 3-year “Sara Borrell” Postdoctoral Fellowships funded by the Spanish Government.
The candidate should apply for this fellowship by the end of June and, if the application is successful, would start in January-February 2014.
Conditions of the fellowship:
- Three-year contract
- Salary: 26,866 € /year
- Possibility of a 6 to 9 months stay in a lab abroad, having an extra income of 900€/month.
- Applicants will have obtained a PhD after January 1st of 2009.
- A good publication record, preferably with one first author paper in a high impact journal.
- Experience in C. elegans, and interest in cancer and/or splicing are highly desirable.
The funding agency will evaluate the candidate (40%), the project (5%) and the group (45%).The agency will favor groups leaded by junior PIs.
- The closing date to receive CVs from candidates is the 19th of June 2013.
- Final applications including CV and project need to be submitted a week later, by Thursday the 27th of June 2013.
- Located at the Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL).
- Young and dynamic group headed by Julian Ceron, a Miguel Servet junior PI.
- Research lines include cancer (DNA damage, resistance to chemotherapeutic agents, Chromatin remodeling), and genetics and genomics with splicing-related genes.
- Well-funded lab by two different grants.
- English is the common language used in our lab.
- Recent Publications include:
-Aristizábal-Corrales D, et al. Journal of Cell Science. 2012 Apr 1;125(Pt 7):1716-26
-Aristizabal-Corrales D, et al. WORM. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.4161/worm.21834
-Fontrodona et al. PLoS Genetics 2013 Jun;9(6)
Links of interest:
Submit your application including cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com , before June 19th.