We look for a student:
- Highly motivated for research
- Fluent in English
- With good graduate qualifications (more than 2.4 over 4)
- A competitive research project working with the model organism C. elegans
- Excellent scientific environment at Bellvitge Institute for Biomedical Research
- A fellowship for a year while applying for other predoctoral fellowships
- Good chances to get an IBIDELL long-term predoctoral fellowship
- Immediate start or negotiable
Candidates should send a CV, a motivation letter and references to email@example.com
In our lab, we are taking advantage of diverse tools as RNAi, tiling arrays, Gateway cloning, generation of transgenics, bioinformatics, inmunofluorescence, FISH,…etc… to better understand basic cellular mechanisms in C. elegans whose deregulation may produce disease in humans.
Currently, there are two main research lines in the lab:
1) Modeling cancer in Caenorhabditis elegans
2) Functional Genomics of Splicing-related components
Our location within a Hospital provides an excellent scientific environment for translational biomedical research.
More information about Ceron lab at www.gusano.info
Julián Cerón Madrigal, PhD
Genetics and Functional Genomics in C. elegans.
Cancer and Human Molecular Genetics.
Bellvitge Institute for BiomedicalResearch (IDIBELL). l’Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain.