2 fully-funded PhD positions @ University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK

I have two fully-funded PhD positions in my new lab at the School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia. These positions are mainly for UK and EU/EEA applicants with a few exceptions. Please check the eligibility requirements.

Our lab studies the role of RNA modifications in gene expression and development using C. elegans.

1. Sequencing the m6A (epi)transcriptome of C. elegans
The PhD project is aimed at comprehensive identification of m6A (N6-methyladenosine) modified transcripts during C. elegans development using the latest RNA-sequencing approaches. This is a joint project between my lab and the lab of Wilfried Haerty at the Earlham Institute with state-of-the-art sequencing and bioinformatics infrastructure. This project is in between wet lab and bioinformatics and there will support in either direction.

2. Uncovering the role of RNA m6A modification in germ cell proliferation
The PhD project aims to identify the genetic interactors of an RNA m6A (N6-methyladenosine) methyltransferase involved in germ cell proliferation. This project will combine C. elegans genetics and biochemistry to characterise new genes in this pathway.

These projects have been shortlisted for funding by the Norwich Research Park Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (NRPDTP). Funding follows UKRI eligibility requirements.

For more info please go to;

https://theakaylab.com/?page_id=79

Dr. Alper Akay
UKRI Future Leaders Fellow
Group Leader
School of Biological Sciences
University of East Anglia