About this forum

Are you a graduate student or postdoc looking for a position? Maybe you’re a faculty member looking to relocate? Feel free to post your CV and any information here about the type of position you are looking for.

It might be helpful to include:

• Country and region you are interested in working;
  • Your CV (or a link to your CV);
  • Description of your skills and the type of position you seek;
  • Your contact information

Hi!
I have posted one request via this Forum but I think the whole “jobs wanted” section is not really known among the PIs. I have recently Emailed few and the did not even know such a section exist. Is there any chance to make it more known?

-Many thanks,

Soudi

Ah, 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.` There are those PIs that look at the forum posts regularly (hell, some even contribute their wisdom!) and would see a new post in the ‘jobs wanted’ section. There are other PIs that log on or view sporadically then it’s a crapshoot whether they happen to see your post before it disappears off the end of the line.

It’s always better to be direct and write if you are getting close to needing a new job.

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile: I have dedicated couple of hours per day to o “job hunting” and that is true I strongly agree that approaching PIs directly is the best way. I never though life after PhD would be even more challenging than failed experiments.