egl-9(sa307) genotyping and/or Creg Darby's current contact info

Hey-

Does anyone have Creg Darby’s current contact info?

I’m trying to genotype egl-9(sa307) and I’ve tested multiple strains from the CGC with the sa307 allele and have been scanning about 2kb around the annotated location of the deletion,
and cannot detect the deletion. Has anyone else genotyped this allele effectively?

-Jason

Is the contact information on his WBPerson page out of date?

Yes it is. Email server gave me an error…it looks like he may have moved to the university of Alabama bermingham, but is no longer there either

I don’t know where he is currently, but a quick look at his papers suggests that he was at UAB-Birmingham first, and then moved to UCSF. For example, in his most recent publication from 2012 lists his address as UCSF. Are you sure you had the address correct?

Hello,
I did genotyped effectively sa307 allele in the past and used the information on wormbase to design the primers to detect the deletion, which is located as annotated.
Cheers,
Audrey

Audrey- That’s great, can you share the primer sequences you used, which strain you effectively genotyped carrying that allele, where you got the strain from and maybe show me a gel of the band shift? Thanks!

-Jason

And:
Here’s the response from UCSF’s email server:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

creg.darby@ucsf.edu

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain ucsf.edu by cuda.ucsf.edu. [64.54.247.181].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 No such user (creg.darby@ucsf.edu)

He’s also not listed in the UCSF directory

I’m an old friend of Creg but haven’t seen him in a few years. I can confirm that he was at UAB first and then UCSF. Not sure of his whereabouts now.

I had some time to kill whilst waiting for the coffee to brew and found this link on the web. It looks like the correct Creg Darby;

http://www.mylife.com/l-creg-darby-e157413052122

If so, he still lives in San Francisco…

Steve

I bet you could email someone at the UCSF department he was affiliated with and I’m sure they’d have some sort of contact info (perhaps an email address…doubt they’d give you his phone number or something)

I found the deletion…it’s about 2kb downstream of where it was supposed to be and half the size… >:( Wormbase is going to update it soon

Well…on a positive note, at least you found it and it will prevent future headaches! ;D