Garlic and nematodes resistance WHY?

Hello, i am doing a small work of research for my school and I can’t find any information on why C. elegans and by extension some types of worms are not affected by garlic juice which on the contrary can kill other ground nematodes or parasite nematodes like Strongyles.
I am really struggling with this trying to find an explication. If anyone has an idea I would be delighted to hear it !
I am pretty sure some people here must have an idea… ?
Thank you

Hello,
Not really a thoughtful explanation but just had a bit of time to spare. Anyway, according to this paper:
Compatibility of garlic (Allium sativum L.) leaf agglutinin and Cry1Ac δ-endotoxin for gene pyramiding - PubMed.

The toxic compound for some lepidopteran pests found in Garlic is the Mannose-binding Allium sativum leaf agglutinin (ASAL).

Its mode of action is proposed to be by blocking a NADH quinone oxyreductase receptor:
https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=28457

Knockdowns to homologs of the subunits of the NADH complex in C. elegans, such as nuo-1 or nuo-2, leads to chemical resistance to phosphine (nuo-1 (gene) - WormBase : Nematode Information Resource) or sodium azide (nuo-2 (gene) - WormBase : Nematode Information Resource).

Therefore, my 5 cents is that either the strains you’re working with have mutations in a subunit of the NADH complex or its receptors, or the concentration of ASAL has not been large enough.

Cheers,

Amhed

Thank you very much for your response ! We worked with clove garlic juice is it possible that the leaf agglutinin was even in the juice ?
We thought that the nematicidal action of the garlic juice could be linked to the organic polysulfide compounds do you have any informations on that (i mean the action of polysulfide on nematodes specifically) ?

Thank you again for your response !