Hammell Lab: A postdoctoral position is available in the at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Our laboratory uses a variety of genetic, biochemical, and molecular approaches to understand how the activity of microRNAs is modulated in response to developmental and environmental cues. Specifically, this project will be centered on the characterization of a well-conserved RNA binging protein implicated in miRNA/miRISC activity and normal post-embryonic cell fate specification.

The cross-disciplinary approach and application of a range of model systems (including C. elegans, D. melanogaster, and human tissue culture) in the Hammell lab will provide training and a variety of opportunities for a highly motivated scientist.

Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory offers a highly collaborative social and scientific environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits in a beautiful location about one hour from New York City.

Position Requirements
Ph.D in molecular biology or related field is required. Candidates should also be highly motivated and dedicated to research. Prior experience with model organisms is advantageous; however, those with a strong background in molecular genetic and/or biochemical techniques are also encouraged to apply.

If you are interested in joining the lab, please send a CV and a statement of your research accomplishments and interests along with the names of three references to: chammell@cshl.edu, and apply online at http://www.cshl.edu/hr/jobs.html

Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

characterization of a well-conserved RNA bing(e)*ing protein

does this protein have an alcohol problem?

*Thanks to an anonymous forum member for loaning me the ‘e’.

no, not alcohol steve, it’s this stuff: http://www.chusa.com/rnawater.htm

It is Cold Spring Harbor. I guess that should be in the benefits section?

joking aside and not wanting to detract from the purpose of your post, Cold Spring Harbor is a wonderful location for anyone doing serious research who also wants the quality of life to go with it. I am sure you will be inundated with applications.