lab closing

Hi,

effective from the start of June my lab lost it’s funding and ceased its work.

The scientific consequences of this event are minimal for the worm community (I often marveled at the awesome research you all were engaged in) but I would like to think we have at least contributed something to the worm community.

I am not going to be involved in C. elegans research in the future and my two lab colleagues have already moved on to pastures new. Therefore, I have also decided to stop being a moderator on this forum. It’s been a great experience and I feel privileged to have been part of such a great community. I hope that your research, sense of community and academic integrity continues in the future.

To all those I helped…I hope you are now further, to those I was abrupt with, hey I’m a Yorkshireman, we are just like that and it wasn’t personal. To those I actually spoke to regularly, I will miss that collegiality.

Regards

Steve

Never a good news to hear that a lab is closing.

I wish you the best for your future :wink:

Very sorry to hear that, Steve. We’ll certainly miss your contributions and helpful suggestions on the forum. Best of luck in all future endeavors.

Thanks for being an awesome mentor and friend along the way. We’ll definitely miss your congeniality and brit humour.

Dear Steve,

thanks for all your work and great contributions to C.elegans research. Your efforts on the forum was also very appreciated and will be sorely missed.
I do believe I can speak for the other WormBasers too and and wish you all the best for the future and if you ever decide to come back for the old worms (or just want a coffee break when you are in Hinxton), you will be always welcome.

Michael

Very sorry to see this news. I’ve always valued Steve’s dedication to the community.

You’ll be sorely missed. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and always found them most helpful and to the point.

Sorry to hear it Steve. Best of luck and keep telling it like it is to whomever you are telling.