Postdocs, PhDs, Master Students (Gartner lab)
Institute of Basic Science (IBS), Center for Genome Integrity (CGI), Ulsan, South Korea.
The Gartner lab is relocating from the UK Professor Anton Gartner | School of Life Sciences
to the Institute of Basic Science (IBS) Center for Genome Integrity (CGI) Center for Genomic Integrity> ibs at the UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, https://www.unist.ac.kr) campus in Ulsan. We are setting up a new branch for Genetic Toxicology.
We have a track record in C. elegans, stress biology, genome stability and chromosome biology.
More recently we developed an interest in large-scale genome analysis to understand basic principles of mutagenesis and how these relate to cancer genomes
Our ambition at the CGI is to become a leading Research Centre for Genome Integrity and Chromosome Biology. Building up the new branch for Genomic Toxicology provides excellent opportunities at all levels. We are looking for Postdoctoral Researchers, PhD and master students Interested in all aspects of Genetic Integrity, Chromosome Biology and Genome Research and Bioinformatics. At UNIST, all undergraduate teaching is done in English, and the IBS centre (Center for Genomic Integrity> ibs) has access to most generous core support.
- PhD, with outstanding academic track record and at least one first authored publication (or on track to publish) in an internationally recognized journal.
- We particularly look for Korean native speaking senior-postdocs which might have spent some time abroad as part of their PhD and/or Postdoctoral training.
- Ability to supervise Master and PhD students
(for Postdocs, Master and PhD students)
- Enthusiasm for multidisciplinary science and curiosity.
- Capability to plan and work independently, but also being part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the English language.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ideally, practical experience with cell culture techniques, standard molecular biology and protein-based laboratory techniques and CRISPR.
- Ideally previous experience in C. elegans genetics and/or mammalian genome stability and repair
- We are also looking for candidates interested in bioinformatics and/or genome analysis.
We will focus on C. elegans and mammalian systems. At UNIST all teaching is done in English, and the IBS center Center for Genomic Integrity> ibs has access to most generous facilities and core support.
The Gartner lab has an excellent academic track record, and many former Gartner lab members hold faculty positions in leading Universities.
If you are interested, it would be great if you could contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please spread the word.