Postdoctoral position - JOIN US!
We are seeking a postdoc interested in a joint position in the Bhabha/Ekiert labs (NYU School of Medicine) and the Troemel Lab (UC San Diego). This project will be based in New York City, in the Bhabha & Ekiert labs, and will focus on a structural, biochemical and mechanistic understanding of the Intracellular Pathogen Response (IPR), a stress/immune response discovered in the Troemel lab. The Bhabha/Ekiert labs use structure-driven approaches to study bacteria, parasites, and host-pathogen interactions. You will be joining a diverse group of students, postdocs, and will work towards unraveling the structural basis of proteins important for the host response to infection. The Troemel lab focuses on studying the IPR in vivo in C. elegans. You will work in close collaboration with Emily and other Troemel lab members to gain a holistic understanding of the IPR pathway, and will join an interdisciplinary and collaborative team focused on understanding a novel immune pathway in epithelial cells.
Location: Manhattan, New York City
● PhD in biochemistry, structural biology or related field
● Some experience in structural biology
● Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
● Willingness to travel to San Diego a few times a year to interact with collaborators in person
● Ability and desire to mentor junior scientists
● Very organized
● Excellent digital record-keeping skills
● Enjoys working with others To apply: Email email@example.com with
● a cover letter that highlights your experience, contributions to science, and interests
● names and contact information of 3 references