A post-doctoral position is available for an enthusiastic and driven scientist in the laboratory of Dr. Mark Alkema at the Umass Chan Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts. We study how diet and the microbiome change behavior and use C. elegans to unravel molecular and cellular mechanisms of gut-brain communication. These studies will expose a successful candidate to behavioral analysis using worm tracking software, genetic analyses, RNA-seq experiments, metabolomics, fluorescence microscopy.
• PhD in neurobiology, genetics, microbiology or related field.
• Good work ethic, curious and motivated to apply skills towards solving biological problems
• Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality published data.
• Experience with molecular biology, genomics, C. elegans and/or behavioral analysis.
• Ability to solve complex problems individually and as part of a team
• Have good oral and written English communication skills.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package will be provided commensurate with experience. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Massachusetts recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspective and background.
Please submit a CV, listing three references, by e-mail to:
Mark Alkema, Ph.D.