The Department of Biological Science in the College of Arts and Sciences at Ohio University, Athens Ohio seeks a Professor and Department Chair. The Chair will lead a strong and collaborative faculty committed to continuing success in undergraduate and graduate teaching, maintaining high levels of productivity in externally-funded research, and fostering academic service to the department, college, and university.
We welcome applicants with research interests in any field of Biology, but we particularly welcome those who can contribute to research in comparative and/or integrative organismal biology and who can contribute to teaching in an area of current need for the department. The successful candidate should be able to develop, articulate, and implement a clear strategic path for advancing research and teaching goals in the Department of Biology, particularly within the context of Ohio University’s R1 status.
- A Ph.D. in Biology or a related field.
- A record of achievement in scholarship appropriate for an appointment with tenure at the rank of Professor.
- Record of externally funded research.
- Experience mentoring graduate & undergraduate students.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Demonstrated administrative and/or leadership experience.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience, while also considering internal equity.
Closing Date: 11/19/23
Contact: Joey Pierce, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740-593-4565
(Ohio University - Job Site | Professor and Department Chair, Biological Sciences)