NemaLife is an emerging Techbio company that is changing the way the world thinks about the discovery and development of safe and effective bioactives. We use a combination of microfluidics, AI and C. elegans to develop high throughput screening workflows that lead to efficient discovery solutions for gut health, muscle performance, healthy aging, and stress resilience. Many of our partners are global brands that care about developing safe and sustainable solutions for human health and wellness, while reducing the reliance on mammals. We are seeking applicants who are excited about NemaLife’s mission and see a future where the world moves towards cruelty-free products.
NemaLife is seeking to hire a Project Scientist who has a passion for scientific discovery and is excited to apply C. elegans biology to industrial applications of wide impact. The position is full-time, requires a Ph.D. in Biology or a related field, and will be working at NemaLife’s Discovery Lab located in Lubbock, TX.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Lead projects that define new areas of business opportunities in the bioactive space
- Engage with the technology development team to drive innovation and operational efficiency of our screening platforms.
- Improves rigor of assay workflows, recognizing that data quality and reproducibility are pillars of scientific discovery.
- Thrives digging into biological data and finds insights that are not readily apparent.
- Be an anchor point for troubleshooting, guidance, and mentorship in the Discovery Lab.
- Have a flair for written and oral communication in scientific and business settings.
Desired experience and skills
- At least 4 years of laboratory experience with C. elegans.
- A record of research publications using C. elegans, showcasing a deep understanding of the biology and genetics of this model organism.
- Proficiency in various discovery tools including fluorescent microscopy, microinjection, transgenics, transcriptomics, and metabolomics.
- Candidates with experience in analyzing large datasets using statistical methods and relevant software packages, such as GraphPad Prism, R or Python, are preferred.
- Postdoctoral experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lubbock, TX 79409: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person