The laboratory of Brian Kraemer seeks a talented Research Assistant who works well with others to join a multi-disciplinary collaborative research team focused on the molecular genetics of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal lobar degeneration, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. This research project is supported by an NIH funded R01 grant.
Dr. Kraemer is faculty at the University of Washington School of Medicine and his laboratory is located on the VA Medical Center Campus in Seattle, Washington.
• Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences
• Prior laboratory research experience
• Experience with C. elegans husbandry and genetics
• Self-sufficiency, meticulous record keeping and strong organizational skills
• Ability to learn rapidly, absorb training, and apply new skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a cooperative part of a team
• Eligibility for work/training in the USA.
Additional desirable skills include:
• Genome editing
• Tissue culture
• PCR genotyping
• Molecular Cloning
• Protein Biochemistry
• Advanced Microscopy
Compensation will be competitive based on qualifications and previous experience. To enquire about this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.