We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to perform experiments and work in a support role as an integral member of Dr. Gordon Lithgow’s laboratory at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging. The Lithgow lab combines biochemical, molecular, and genetic techniques to address fundamental questions about aging in C. elegans. The candidate will work on a highly collaborative project with multiple labs across the USA.
• BA/BS in Biology, Cell Biology or a related field (for RA I level) plus 2+ years relevant technical laboratory experience (for RA II level)
• Strong motivation to perform research
• Excellent technical and problem-solving ability
• Precise attention to detail and accuracy
• Works well both with other scientists under general supervision as well as independently
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Full training in specialized aspects of the work will be given
• Knowledge and practical experience with working on C. elegans desirable
• Database management and computation experience is also desirable
The Buck Institute is the only independent institute in the U.S. devoted solely to research on aging and age-related diseases. Our mission is to increase the health span, the healthy years of life. Designed by world renowned architect I.M. Pei, the Buck Institute is in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including 401(k) with match.