Research Technician position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Aditi U. Gurkar http://agresearchlab.com/, characterizing how DNA damage reprograms metabolism and stress responses to drive aging and age-related diseases. In particular, the lab uses a dual model organism platform, using both C. elegans and mice to understand the basic mechanism(s) that impact aging.
• Extensive experience working with C. elegans
• Ability to generate transgenic worms, CRISPR-Cas9
• Previous experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA, RNA, protein), FACS analysis, protein biochemistry
• Ability to work independently
• Detail-oriented, strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent communicator who can work as part of a team with other members
• BS in Biology/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline
• Minimum 2 years of lab experience
To apply to this position please submit your CV, a cover letter detailing your research experience, and contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.