Strain and Allele designations

Does anyone know the current situation to request to register a new laboratory and receive lab, strain and allele designations? I have already sent emails to Dr. Jonathan Hodgkin twice, but I have not received any response. Is there any change in the request system?

I did that way about a year ago and it worked. May be due to holiday time? You can always email CGC, they are very helpful.

I will ask Mary Ann to have a look into it. When did you send the mail?

Not to hijack this thread, but I also need to do this and would like to know how to proceed. ??? ::slight_smile:

Thank you so much for advices.

Hi mh6
I have sent the first request at Dec 15th the last year. The second one was at Jan 6th.
He might have been out of town for holiday.
I have sent the request to CGC as well. They recommend to me to ask Dr. Hodgkin.

Hi UNC
I will sent the request to the CGC again. Thanks.

Hi AVSamuelson
It would be helpful.
http://wiki.wormbase.org/index.php/UserGuide:Nomenclature

Hi Arata,

Aric from the CGC here. Jonathan Hodgkin still maintains the master list of lab strain/allele designations. The CGC can only assign numeric codes that can be used for placing orders with us; however, we prefer to use your alphabetic lab designation once you’ve received one. If you used the email address listed in the nomenclature link posted by AVSamuelson, Dr. Hodgkin is normally pretty quick about responding to such requests. Hopefully it is resolved soon.

Dear Arata,
Contacting Jonathan is the right thing to do.
I have sent you an e-mail asking you to re-send the request to me so that I can look into the matter further.

Best wishes,

Mary Ann
WormBase

Dear Yuki,
Further to my previous response, this is to let you know that I have heard from Jonathan and he tells me that he has indeed replied to both your requests and suspects that they are being rejected by your mail server. Please can you check.

Yours sincerely,

Mary Ann Tuli
WormBase

I resolved this matter. Thanks all.