thanks for helping me to exlpain the description of some elegans.

hello everyone
I have searched some strains of elegans,but it is hard for me to understand the detail of them,can someone help me to exlain them?

follow:
1.zaEx5 [let-7::GFP + rol-6(su1006)]. Pick GFP+ to maintain. The GFP+ animals may not always express the Roller phenotype
2.dbEx35 [npr-1::GFP + lin-15(+)]. Pick Non-Muv to maintain. Solitary feeders. GFP is expressed in approximately 20 neuron types.
3.vlcEx712 [npr-1p::GFP::unc-54 3’UTR + rol-6(su1006)]. Not all transgenic animals roll well; pick GFP+ or Rollers to maintain. Reporter contains npr-1 enhancer sequence (-6888, -6130) inserted into pDD95.75
4.otEx4557 [shn-1(fosmid)::SL2::NLS::YFP::H2B + rol-6(su1006)]. Rollers. Pick Rollers to maintain. Nuclear YFP expression in muscle
5.otIs612 [flp-18::nlg-1::GFP11 + gpa-6::nlg-1::GFP1-10 + flp-18::mCherry + nlp-1::mCherry + rol-6(su1006)]. Rollers. Trans-snyaptic labeling of PHB to AVA synapses. Adult hermaphrodite-specific connections are visible as punctate GFP. Neurites are labeled with mCherry
6.otIs614 [inx-18p::nlg-1::GFP11 + gpa-6::nlg-1::GFP1-10 + nlp-1::mCherry + inx-18::wCherry + rol-6(su1006)]. Rollers. Integrated GRASP labeling of PHB to AVG adult male specific synapses

These are not the complete genotypes of strains. They are descriptions of transgenes, that are often only part of the strain’s genotype.

I recommend reading the WormBook chapter on nomenclature; also, do you have anyone near you that you can talk to?

Briefly: each of these transgenes is identified by a code to say which lab it’s from (two or three lowercase letters), then by a code to say what sort of transgene it is (“Ex” for extrachromosomal array, “Is” for chromosomal insertion), then a number.
The contents of that transgene are given within the square brackets: typically a gfp reporter construct and a co-transformation marker, such as rol-6(su1006) (which dominantly causes a roller phenotype) or lin-15(+) (which rescues lin-15AB mutants and so prevents them from causing a multivulva, or “Muv”, phenotype).

You should look up the papers in which these transgenes were described for more complete information, or see if there’s more about them on WormBase.

Thank you very much for your answer. Your reply gave me important tips, I will follow the information to read the relevant book chapters or papers. In fact, I have previously sought help from colleagues around me, but everyone has only a general explanation, there is no detailed explanation, because in my case, only I do the experiments related to C.elegans. Anyway, I appreciate your reply. Let me study first, maybe when I find some understood, I will come back for help.