The Global Biodata Coalition (GBC) includes the Alliance of Genome Resources among its first list of Global Core Biodata Resources (GCBRs). This collection of 37 resources whose long term funding and sustainability is critical to life science and biomedical research worldwide.
Global Core Biodata Resources are biodata resources that are of fundamental importance to the wider biological and life sciences community and the long term preservation of biological data. They:
- provide free and open access to their data,
- are used extensively both in terms of the number and distribution of their users,
- are mature and comprehensive,
- are considered authoritative in their field,
- are of high scientific quality, and
- provide a professional standard of service delivery.