type of 6cm petri dish for pourmatic MP1000

Hi,

Does anybody mind letting me know the type of 6cm petri dish that works well w/ Pourmatic MP 1000, pricing and ordering info.?

My machine has been jammed a lot by AS 4050 recently, made by Parter Medical, sold by Fisher.

Many thanks.

Sheila

The machine works well with the Falcon and Fisher plates listed in the Pourmatic brochure (http://www.nbsc.com/files/MP1000.pdf). They are listed in the footnote at the bottom of page 2 (under the purple box). Both are available from Fisher Scientific.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions. I can let you know the particular one we using next week.

The manufacturer recommends Fisher 08-757-13A, but those still cause occasionally jams and we actually have better results with 08-757-13B.

Many thanks.
I will try 08-757-13B.
Any pricing info.?

The falcon 351007 (6cm) and 351029 (10cm) plates were the only that worked well for us, we get them from VWR (cat 25373-085) at heavy discount. I can give you the particulars by email asoukas@chgr.mgh.harvard.edu.

On a different note, has anyone using the Mediamatic noted softer agar plates than if media is autoclaved in a conventional autoclave? We are getting increased animal burrowing in our plates after switching to the Mediamatic.