Where to order antibodies?

I am looking for several antibodies for C. elegans.

Where to look if I can’t find it at the Dev.Stud.Hyb.Bank?

Thanks,

Marlon

Marlon,

I am afraid that there is no one source for antibodies for C. elegans proteins. For highly conserved proteins, e.g. actin, generic anti-actin antibodies from a number of commercial sources may work. However, for most conserved proteins, only a small subset or no antibodies against the vertebrate or Drosophila form of the protein will work in C. elegans. For example, only some specific anti-human tubulin antibodies work for some specific isoforms of C. elegans tubulin. In general, you need to look in the worm literature to see if someone has successfully used a particular antibody in worms. They should list a commercial source or a worm lab in the methods. If the source was a worm lab, then you will need to contact that lab for some antibody.

Good luck, Janet

there are a few here:

http://www.cdb.riken.jp/dge/KTmAbDB/firstpage/frame.html

you can find it on Creative Biolabs-Model Organism website.

Creative Biolabs was established as a biotechnology company specializing in developing and production of antibodies and also a service provider for customized products and relevant services. The company was founded by a group of scientists and entrepreneurs who are committed to changing the traditional antibody model and establishing a new service platform. Employees at Creative Biolabs are composed of elites (Masters & PhD) from top universities worldwide. As an antibody customization service provider, it’s dedicated to the research and development of antibodies to animals, plants and microorganisms, focusing on the research needs of different models of biological antibodies and becoming a direct supplier of products.